Recipe by Toni in Colorado
Basic green salad with a sweet mayonnaise dressing. Guessing on the measurements as I just add what I think will work. I use a shallow Teak wooden salad bowl that is only about 2 inches high so all the small ingredients don't fall to the bottom and get lost like they would in a deep bowl. Using a shallow dish, you can make a real pretty display. If you're not a radish fan, you'll be surprised how good they are with this dressing.
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces and chilled
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces and chilled
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese or 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup bacon piece (make sure bacon is cooked crispy)
- 1⁄4 cup candied pecan pieces (candied almonds would be good also)
- 1⁄4 cup radish, cut up into small pieces
- 1 apple, cut into slices to lay in a circle after you have mixed the other ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (more or less to your liking)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (more or less for desired consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, cheese, cooked bacon pieces, candied pecans, and radishes, together in a salad bowl.
- Lay the apple slices in a circle on top.
- For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, and milk together and chill to blend. I don't put the dressing on the salad. Serve it on the side so you can add however much you want.