1/3 Photos of A Pot of Lamb Chops
1 hr 30 mins
Easy lamb chops Italian style. This recipe is layered. First you will have a layer of potatoes and onions. Next you will have 3 layers of tomatoes and crumbs and 2 layers of chops. I use a deep casserole dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 baby potatoes, finely slice
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 12 lamb chops, well trimmed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (500 g) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- 2Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and parsley. I use my processor, processing the crumbs first.
- 3Brush bottom of casserole dish with oil. Place all of the potatoes in a layer and then top with all of the onions in a layer. Just cover this with equal parts wine and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Next, layer with 1/3 tomatoes and 1/3 crumbs mixture. Layer with 6 chops.
- 5Layer again with 1/3 tomatoes and 1/3 crumbs. Then a add the rest of the chops.
- 6Layer with the last of tomatoes and crumbs. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- 7Bake in oven for 1- 1 1/2 hours until chops are tender.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Pot of Lamb Chops
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1426.7
- Calories from Fat 765
- Total Fat 85.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.6 g
- Cholesterol 221.9 mg
- Sodium 586.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 63.8 g