Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very good cupcakes. A surprising blend of pumpkin and butterscotch chips--who would have ever guessed that a marriage of those two would produce such an excellent flavor combination! Try them, you'll like em!! My husband doesn't butterscotch, but he loved these.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups solid pack pumpkin (16-oz. can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 cups nestle toll house butterscotch chips, divided (16oz)
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl beat pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup morsels.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup batter into 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Mix remaining walnuts and morsels.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of nut and morsel mix.
- Bake 350 degrees 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rick and cool.