Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm working on adding some recipies from various cookbooks, and this one came from the Pampered Chef Stoneware Sensations. I haven't tried it yet. I'm guessing that it doesn't have to be cooked on a cooking stone.
- 1 (12 ounce) package ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate biscuits horizontally to form 20 biscuits.
- On round baking stone, arrange 6 biscuits, with edges touching, in circle.
- Arrange remaining biscuits, edges touching, in another circle around center ring of biscuits.
- Gently press biscuits together with fingers to heal, leaving outside edges for a petal effect.
- Lightly spray/drizzle biscuits with oil.
- Press garlic over biscuits, spread evenly.
- Chop tomato, bell pepper and onion;, pringle evenly over biscuits along with oregano and basil.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until edgesare golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle grated cheese over warm biscuits.
- To serve, pull biscuits apart.