Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
When you are ready to serve, just squeeze a lime wedge over ice in a stylish rocks glass, drop the wedge in the glass along with a few fresh mint leaves, and then fill the glass two-thirds of the way with the mojito. Top it off with club soda. Let the party begin!!!! :)
Pitcher of Mojitos
- 425.24 g light rum (I'm partial to Bacardi...2 cups minus 2 tablespoons)
- 283.49 g freshly-squeezed lime juice (1 1/4 cups, juice from about 7 limes)
- 283.49 g simple syrup with mint (recipes follows)
Simple Syrup with Mint
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml water
- 25 fresh mint leaves
- lime wedge
- mint leaf
- club soda
Directions See How It's Made
- TO MAKE THE PITCHER OF MOJITOS: In a large pitcher, stir together the rum, lime juice, and syrup. Serve at once or refrigerate until needed. Do NOT add ice to the pitcher.
- TO MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP WITH MINT: In a saucepan, mix together the sugar and water and heat over medium-high heat. Let the syrup cook for a couple of minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the syrup looks clear. This will be about the time it takes for the syrup to begin to bubble. Remove from the heat and add the mint leaves. Cover and set aside for about 10 minutes, so the mint can infuse the syrup. Strain the syrup and use immediately or store in a lidded container for up to 1 week.
- TO SERVE: When ready to serve, squeeze a lime wedge over the ice in a rocks glass. Drop the lime wedge into the glass along with a few fresh mint leaves. Fill the glass two-thirds full of the mojito mixture and top off with club soda.