Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
from Microwave Entertaining
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- in 1 quart measuring glass combine garlic, onion and butter.
- cook on high 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- stir in remaining ingredients and cook on high for 7 minutes, stirring once.
- serve at table, warm or room temperature.
What agreat simple, quick, and tasty sauce. Grilled some chicken breast tonight, and Wow , everybody loved the sauce. We are wondering what to do with our Open Pit sauce that we still have, because your sauce beats open pit anyday.
This is a wonderful sauce. Easy to make and tastes so yummy. I made as stated except only used 1 T of butter. Used for grilled chicken, but would like to try on salmon or pork also.
Love it. This sauce is quick and tastes good. I enjoy making my own sauce as I can control what goes into it. The only change was that Splenda Brown Sugar Blend was used for the brown sugar. This was used on hamburgers. Made for *Aussie Swap #13*.