Dusty Byrd's Note:
Don't burn this pie and the praise that you get will be worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1A pie you say?
- 2Tis easy this way.
- 3First take 3 eggs and separated and to the whites add 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- 4Then beat the poor things until you're ready to scream.
- 5To atone for the beating add 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- 6to quietly take first prize, beat the same length of time as before.
- 7Then let the whites rest and return to the yolks which have patiently waited.
- 8Combine a can of sweetened condensed milk.
- 9Then add the juice of the three lemons.
- 10Quite sour you know, but that makes the magic.
- 11For low and behold, a custard results from mixing it all together.
- 12The pie crust, you crush one box of vanilla wafers and place on a greased pie pan to make a lucious mouthful.
- 13Pour the custard and add a crown of stiff egg whites.
- 14Pop it into the oven and brown it.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Pie to Try
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 112.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g