Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
Don't burn this pie and the praise that you get will be worth it.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 lemons
- vanilla wafer, for crust
- A pie you say?
- Tis easy this way.
- First take 3 eggs and separated and to the whites add 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- Then beat the poor things until you're ready to scream.
- To atone for the beating add 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- to quietly take first prize, beat the same length of time as before.
- Then let the whites rest and return to the yolks which have patiently waited.
- Combine a can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Then add the juice of the three lemons.
- Quite sour you know, but that makes the magic.
- For low and behold, a custard results from mixing it all together.
- The pie crust, you crush one box of vanilla wafers and place on a greased pie pan to make a lucious mouthful.
- Pour the custard and add a crown of stiff egg whites.
- Pop it into the oven and brown it.
y-u-m-m-y! thanks for the great recipe... love your directions.. where's the turkey gumbo recipe you speak of???