Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been making this for years, and even my picky eaters like this one! Broccoli on the bottom, then a creamy chicken layer, then topped with melted cheese and crushed Ritz crackers...pure comfort food. An easy one-dish meal on a busy night, and a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Travels well to potluck dinners, too. You could use cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken soup. Let me know if you enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook the chopped broccoli in your microwave according to package directions, then spread on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together the soup, chicken, and sour cream. Spread mixture on top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the chicken mixture.
- Crush your crackers (I do this by leaving them in their stacks and carefully rolling my marble rolling pin over them). Then mix your melted margarine with your crackers.
- Spread the buttery crackers all over the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
I can't believe I haven't rated this one yet! I've made it at least a dozen times! My family loves it. And I love that my 5 year old is actually eating broccoli!
" Mom, this is good" That's what I heard as forks clinked against the plates. I appeciated the fact that this dish was put together in about 30 minutes. Love it when that happens! Good for busy nights and everyone ate their veggies! KCShell