Recipe by DragonFly2
I've been making this for years, and even my picky eaters like this one! Broccoli on the bottom, then a creamy chicken layer, then topped with melted cheese and crushed Ritz crackers...pure comfort food. An easy one-dish meal on a busy night, and a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Travels well to potluck dinners, too. You could use cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken soup. Let me know if you enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof shredded cheddar cheese
- 60 Ritz crackers, crushed (that's 2 stacks)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook the chopped broccoli in your microwave according to package directions, then spread on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together the soup, chicken, and sour cream. Spread mixture on top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the chicken mixture.
- Crush your crackers (I do this by leaving them in their stacks and carefully rolling my marble rolling pin over them). Then mix your melted margarine with your crackers.
- Spread the buttery crackers all over the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.