I've been making this for years, and even my picky eaters like this one! Broccoli on the bottom, then a creamy chicken layer, then topped with melted cheese and crushed Ritz crackers...pure comfort food. An easy one-dish meal on a busy night, and a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Travels well to potluck dinners, too. You could use cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken soup. Let me know if you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Cook the chopped broccoli in your microwave according to package directions, then spread on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Mix together the soup, chicken, and sour cream. Spread mixture on top of the broccoli.
- 4Sprinkle the cheese all over the chicken mixture.
- 5Crush your crackers (I do this by leaving them in their stacks and carefully rolling my marble rolling pin over them). Then mix your melted margarine with your crackers.
- 6Spread the buttery crackers all over the cheese.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Picky Eaters' Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.7
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 99.1 mg
- Sodium 1352.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g