Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend gave me this recipe a couple of years ago. This makes a perfect cookie - they work great in my cookie press too!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil, confectioners' sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet. Flatten cookies to 1/8 inch thickness using the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Colored sugar may be used if you do not plan to frost cookies later.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Awesome taste and texture! Made a pizza pan cookie and a batch of little ones out of the same batch!
Made these for our CHRISTmas cut-out cookies.....I like the powdered sugar instead of granulated in the dough --- gives a nice mouth feel. Smooth rolling, too. Made for *PARTY 2009*