Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Tuna fish gets a French accent in this refreshing classic! (Make it even more refreshing with a nice glass of Chardonnay.)
Top Review by Tess Cooks
A lovely, authentic Nicoise salad, very easy and very yummy! You can add a hardboiled egg into the dressing (use a handheld blender to blend the mashed egg in as you pour in the oil) to make it more authentic. Delish!
- 12 ounces new potatoes, small red, scrubbed and quartered (about 6)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1 large tomatoes, ripe, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water to cover until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and let cool.
- Add beans to same water and boil until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Arrange potatoes, beans, olives, eggs, and tomato on large platter.
- Spoon tuna into center.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, 1/8 t. salt, and pepper to taste in small bowl until blended.
- Gradually pour in oil, whisking until emulsified.
- Whisk in parsley, then drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
- Top with anochovies, if desired.