Tuna fish gets a French accent in this refreshing classic! (Make it even more refreshing with a nice glass of Chardonnay.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces new potatoes, small red, scrubbed and quartered (about 6)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup nicoise olive
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1 large tomato, ripe, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1Boil potatoes in salted water to cover until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Remove with slotted spoon and let cool.
- 3Add beans to same water and boil until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- 4Drain and cool under cold running water.
- 5Arrange potatoes, beans, olives, eggs, and tomato on large platter.
- 6Spoon tuna into center.
- 7Whisk vinegar, mustard, 1/8 t. salt, and pepper to taste in small bowl until blended.
- 8Gradually pour in oil, whisking until emulsified.
- 9Whisk in parsley, then drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
- 10Top with anochovies, if desired.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Perfect Salade Nicoise
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.0
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 176.5 mg
- Sodium 763.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: