These are my mom's bran muffins. She always stores them in an ice cream pail with a lid on in the fridge. You can make as many or as little as you want in one batch.
- Preheat over to 400.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, add oil and milk.
- Mix together.
- Mix dry ingredients together separately and mix well.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix again.
- Mix in raisins.
- Pour enough mix into muffin tins to fill about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until tops of muffins are nice and brown and starting to crack a bit.
- Keep mix in fridge for up to 6 weeks in an ice cream pail with lid.
- Recipes doubles easily and will fill and ice cream pail nicely.
- The longer the mix is in the fridge the darker the batter and more powerful the bran will be.
- Great warm with butter and honey.
These are wonderful muffins! Made as directed but put cupcake liners in tins. Made 12 perfect shiny muffins with pointy cracked tops. Mmmmm tasty! I resisted adding vanilla & cinnamon - glad I did b/c these are perfect as are. I don't think I have enough leftover for another 12 muffins - will mix up another batch & add it all together to store in tupperware jug in the fridge. Thank you for a great bran muffin recipe KennKonn! edit - made again w/o the liners - slid right out of tins w/o sticking! I'll skip liners in the future - not needed & I nibbled abit too much paper when peeling off all the too-good-to-waste muffin LOL!
These were made for me and now I will be shopping for bran tomorrow to make my own. I'm not usually a big fan of bran but this was sweet and moist. Will be perfect for just a couple in the mornings with leftovers in the fridge for other mornings.