Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A sweet and savory casual meal that promises to please!
Make and share this A-OK Sloppy Joes #A1 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground sirloin beef
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped (red or green)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon aged Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 fresh garden tomatoes, sliced and lightly salted
- 8 hamburger buns
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and meats to the pan. Break meat up in pan. Add brown sugar to the pan and combine. When the meat has browned, add onion, garlic and bell peppers, and pineapple to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and add the A1 and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 7-11 minutes longer.
- Scoop sloppy meat onto good-quality bakery hambuger buns lightly buttered and toasted, top with sliced fresh garden tomatoes seasoned with salt and serve with sliced dill pickles and classic potato chips, enjoy!