4 hrs 45 mins
WARNING: once you eat this you will NEVER be able to eat any other cheesecake as long as you live! But it is so worth it! YUMMY! As I cheesecake lover, I am almost bummed to have eaten this because after tasting it no other cheesecake ever compares to its superior taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 sheets graham crackers, sheets ground in a food processor to texture of fine crumbs (should be a little over 1 cup total)
- 1 1/8 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Wrap the outside of a 10-inch springform pan with foil to prevent water from seeping in while baking.
- 3Mix sugar, crumbs, and melted butter together well to form crust.
- 4Press this mixture into the bottom of the springform pan and up the sides until you run out.
- 5Bake crust for about 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cool on wire rack while preparing the batter.
- 7With a mixer, cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, flour, and sugar until very smooth.
- 8Mix in the eggs one at a time, blend well but DO NOT OVER MIX THE BATTER!
- 9Stir in the sour cream and vanilla by hand.
- 10Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- 11Place cheesecake into a large rectangular pan filled with about 1 1/2 inches of hot water.
- 12Make sure foil is high enough around the springform pan so that no water seeps into it while baking.
- 13Bake for 90 minutes.
- 14After 90 minutes, turn oven off but leave cake in oven for another 60 minutes (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR).
- 15Carefully remove cake from water pan and remove foil from springform pan.
- 16Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- 17Cover cake with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A New Yorker's Real Italian Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.3
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 197.6 mg
- Sodium 308.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g