Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for something a little different for Super Bowl Sunday. I made this and spread it on garlic toast. Excellent!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup salsa ranch dressing (I used Portsmans Brand)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze the water out.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a quart-sized bowl.
- Tastes best if allowed to chill in refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with toast, crackers, chips or fresh vegetables.
Very simple and quick recipe but sorry to say this wasnt a great recipe for us. I think it was the salsa ranch dressing that threw off the flavor I was looking for. Also missed the crunch of the water chestnuts in a regular spinach dip recipe. Tried this dip on rye party bread and also crackers, preferred the crackers. If you are looking for a basic spinach dip recipe like the one of the back of the Liptons box this is not the recipe to make. For a dip with a little more of a mexican salsa type flavor, this would be one to try.