Recipe by Dannygirl
I was browsing through Zaar and none of the Corn Chowders appealed to me so I decided to create my own. I'm so glad I did. My husband made me cook a second batch later that night. He said, "We ought to sell this!"
Top Review by pennynickle
This was delicious! Awesome! If I could give you 10 stars I would!My DH and daughter loved it aw well. I followed the directions to a T. I might become your first groupie! I have tried a few of your recipes and I just love them. Please keep up the great work!
- 1 can campbell low sodium chicken broth, w/ garlic and herbs
- 3 cans water
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup table cream (18% M.F.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth and water to a boil.
- Add potato slices and onions and reduce heat to min-med (I have to use min. as my stovetop gets very hot).
- Add corn and stir.
- Cook for 1 hour or until potatoes start to break down.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon out into bowl and garnish with green onion and sour cream.