Recipe by Missy Wombat
One of my cyber playgroup buddies passed on this recipe which went down extremely well with her family.
- 3 1⁄4 cups pasta, eg farfalle
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavoured vegetable stock powder
- 7 ounces basil pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pasta, water and stock powder in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender and broth has reduced to about 1/2 cup; do not drain.
- Reduce heat; add pesto.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
- Season with ground black pepper.