1/4 Photos of A Mountain Of Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 25 mins
Creamy mashed potatoes for 12 lucky people. Make ahead if desired, or bake right away. Whichever you choose, this recipe is sure to be a hit at your next potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Drain potatoes, place in large bowl, and mash with sour cream, cream cheese, onions, salt, and 4 tablespoons of butter, stirring until butter and cream cheese have melted.
- 4Spread potatoes into greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 5Melt remaining butter and drizzle over potatoes.
- 6Sprinkle with paprika, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use (you can bake these right away, of course).
- 7Refrigerated potatoes need to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- 8Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Mountain Of Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g