Maximum flavor, maximum color—the best of two worlds. From Prevention Healthy Cooking.
Make and share this A More Healthy Vegetable Medley recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 eggplant, cubed
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, cauliflower, zucchini, and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa, vinegar, oregano, basil, and red pepper.
- Stir in the broccoli and cover.
- Cook for 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with additional oregano and basil, if desired.
Great flavorful veggie dish! I don't care for onion so left it out, otherwise made as directed. Salsa and balsamic vinegar seemed like an odd combination to me but it really worked, adding great taste while still allowing the flavor of the veggies to shine through. Cut this to 2 servings and enjoyed for a great light lunch - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yummy! The veggies are tender-crisp in this dish, which is the best way veggies can be, imo. Having pre-chopped broccoli and cauliflower is cheating, but makes this even quicker. ;) I'd suggest going light on the cayenne if you use anything over 'mild' heat salsa. But definitely not lacking in flavour, and immensely enjoyed! Thanks for posting!