Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful cookies which stayed chewy°F
- 1 1⁄2 cups molasses
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Beat brown sugar (or 1 cup molasses in this case) with shortening in a large bowl at medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the molasses and eggs. Beat well.
- Spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
- Combine with next five ingredients (through salt) and whisk.
- Add flour mix to sugar mix and beat low until just blended.
- Freeze one hour (we left it in there for 3ish).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make one inch balls and dip half of each into a bowl with water then granulated sugar.
- Place cookies on sprayed sheet and bake at least 8 minutes.
- Listed to make 4 dozen at 66 cals each but we made about 3 dozen.