Recipe by GenYChef
It's the middle of winter, it's cold, and what works better to warm the stomach than a nice cup of chili? While this may be a refined version of the first spice mixes I conjured up it's too good to keep to myself. Don't just limit it to chili stew mind you, it's good any time you want some added zing in a family meal that you just can't get from store-bought "chili powder".
- 29.58 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 14.79 ml Hungarian paprika (Szeged Paprika if you can get it)
- 11.09 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 11.09 ml ground guajillo chile pepper
- 14.79 ml Mexican oregano
- 1.62 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml turmeric
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 3.30 ml ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and grind to a fine powder.
- Store in glass or plastic spice jar in the fridge for up to 6 months (storing in the fridge, while not critical, helps preserve the true flavor of the chili peppers).
- Use just as you would in place of store bought chili powder; you won't believe how much of a difference it'll make.