Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy and quick recipe that my Grandmother makes often. It's a long time family favorite. She likes to clip recipes out of the local newspaper so that's probably where this came from. My children, ages 6 and 7, love this dish.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil macaroni in salted water. Drain.
- Brown ground beef with onion until fully cooked. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add chili powder, cooking a little longer, then add tomato sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, continuing to simmer.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and half of the cheese, mixing well.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover so cheese will melt.
good eating!! wanted something quick and easy, this was what I was looking for, will make again, for sure!!
This was quick and good. Tastes just like Hamburger Helper Chili Mac, but better. The ratio of hamburger to noodles wasn't right for me though, so I used 1 & 1/2 cups of macaroni and 15 oz of tomato sauce.