1/1 Photo of A Meal in a Pumpkin
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a very cute idea for around Halloween. When I first saw the recipe, I thought "YUCK", but then I tried it and it is really good and kids think it is GREAT because it is prepared and served in a pumpkin. 2 hours is the time I baked my 10 to 12 lb pumpkin and it was almost too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mushroom, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, drained and chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 10 -12 lbs pumpkin
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown and drain beef along with onions and sausage.
- 3Cook until no longer pink and drain well.
- 4Cut top off of pumpkin and reserve.
- 5Clean seeds and strings from pumpkin.
- 6Clean well.
- 7Coat pumpkin skin with shortening.
- 8Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 9Spoon ingredients into pumpkin.
- 10Place top back on pumpkin.
- 11Wrap foil over the stem.
- 12Bake on a cookie sheet for 2 to 3 hours depending on the size of pumpkin.
- 13DO NOT OVERBAKE. The pumpkin should not begin to brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Meal in a Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 1082.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g