from Looneyspoons, Janet and Greta Podleski. I tried this tonight for dinner. It turned out great and I will make it again. Low-fat, but still very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (1%)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (thaw first if using frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bow, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder,baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, egg cottage cheese, honey, butter chilies, and corn. Beat with a whisk until well blended.
- 4Add wet/corn ingredients to flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into an 8X8 inch bakng pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 5Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in cente comes out clean.
- 6Cut into 9 squares and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A-Maize-Ing Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 596.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g