Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
from Looneyspoons, Janet and Greta Podleski. I tried this tonight for dinner. It turned out great and I will make it again. Low-fat, but still very yummy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese (1%)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (thaw first if using frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bow, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder,baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, egg cottage cheese, honey, butter chilies, and corn. Beat with a whisk until well blended.
- Add wet/corn ingredients to flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into an 8X8 inch bakng pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in cente comes out clean.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve warm.