Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy to prepare salad that kind of goes well with summer. But it is so good to have during the winter, because it provides vitamin C which helps fight off the common flu virus. There is no cooking involved, but you might want to let refrigerate for a little while so the flavours will blend together. As for the sectioning of the citrus, it doesn’t have to be perfect, but you do want individual pieces going into the salad.
- 3 blood oranges, sectioned
- 1 cup tangerine, sectioned
- 1 white grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 pink grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 red grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, hulled, washed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, washed
- 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- After sectioning the citrus, washing the berries and cutting the strawberries in half, put them all in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the white wine, honey and key lime juice together. Note: I freshly squeezed my lime juice. As well I used Sauvignon white wine because it has a citric taste to it, and although it doesn’t usually pair well with fruits, it blended too well with the fruit salad.
- Pour the mix into the salad, and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Used apple juice in plce of the wine. This is a nice fruit salad. Good luck to you.
Made this for our Super Bowl party. Was unable to find Red grapefruit and blueberries down here (Mexico) so substituted tangerines and bananas. Only change I'd make in the future is leave out the wine, may have been the brand, but we didn't feel like it added anything.