Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Originally from Taste of Home. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the all-purpose, and unsweetened applesauce for half of the oil. These muffins are deliciously wholesome and freeze well!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄2 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 1⁄2 cups oat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce plus 1/4 cup canola oil)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add oil, milk and vanilla.
- Mix well;stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.