Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This one is for the preschool age kids. Get them involved in making this with you.
- 1 cup canned sliced peach, drain
- 1 cup canned sliced pear, drain
- 6 pitted prunes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup lowfat granola cereal
- In a large microwave safe bowl mix in fruit and vanilla.
- Add zest and orange juice; mix.
- Top with granola.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into 4 bowls and serve warm.
My kids really loved this, especially with yoghurt on top. I liked that it was very fast from start to finish. The only real problem I had is that I had a couple of half cans of fruit left over. I decided to see if the mixture freezes well, and it does (minus the granola). Thanks for posting, this is definitely going in my "braindead breakfast" file.
I scaled this down to serve one for my breakfast this morning but subbed dates for the prunes, really simple to do, quick to cook & yummy to boot, a winner all round, thanks Charlotte!