Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Truly a little piece of Heaven.
Make and share this A Little Piece of Heaven on a Plate recipe from Food.com.
- On a cookie sheet put 2 tbsp mounds of cookie dough- 1 mound per serving.
- Begin baking cookies according to directions on package or recipe.
- In a saucepan combine 1oz Grand Marnier for every 1/4 cup of caramel sauce.
- Simmer on low.
- Stir constantly.
- When the cookies have only 2 to 3 minutes remaining to bake, put the pecans in the oven to toast.*I always just use the same baking sheet.
- When cookies have finished baking assemble the dessert in the following manner: Place one cookie on one dessert plate.
- Put one scoop of ice cream on top of the cookie.
- Spoon caramel/ Grand Marnier mixture over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle pecans over entire dessert.
- Repeat for each serving.
Wonderful dessert. I didn't have Grand Marinier, so I left it out. Still, it's a great combo.
This was a nice little dessert idea. We don't drink alcohol of any kind so I shouldn't have added the Grand Marnier we didn't like the flavor it added to the caramel. Next time I will try plain orange juice. I used Blue Ridge Mountains Chocolate Chip Cookies for the chocolate chip cookie and French Vanilla Ice Cream for the french vanilla ice cream. Thanks Lottidawe Bullwinkle.
This was suggested to me in a thread about using alcohol and ice cream together. I did not have chocolate chip cookies but instead used brownies and it worked really well. As I was making this for two I doubled the caramel topping and grand marnier. We thought that was a little too strong (and left a LOT unused). So next time I'll just use 1/4 cup caramel and 1 oz. grand marnier for 2 desserts. This is very rich and the pecans were a nice touch. Thanks so much for suggesting it!