Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An easy crock pot recipe. Even my tomato hater eats this one. While it calls for a little bit of this and that, most ingredients are already in the cupboard or fridge.
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place pork chops in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the water and cornstarch.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
I liked the taste of the sauce, although I did find the cider vinegar a bit strong. I would reduce this a bit next time. I only had one stalk of celery, but found that was enough anyways. Unlike the other reviewers, I did use the cornstarch to thicken the sauce as it was needed. The kids decided they didn't care for it, but they aren't tomato eaters. I have attached a few pics for you. Thx!
Very good and easy. My chops were much thicker so I did lightly brown them first, and I used diced vs stewed, but same thing. Otherwise, followed exactly. Mine was thick enough so I did not need the corn starch. Served it over basmati rice which was very good. A nice simple recipe. Will definitely make again. The sauce was very good. Thank you
This recipe turned out great. We both loved the taste, it is similar to sweet and sour but at the same time it's quite different. I thought there was too much celery for my liking but otherwise it was fine. I left out the cornstarch as there wasn't a need for it. Thanks for posting, we will definitely make this again.