Recipe by ladyfingers
An easy crock pot recipe. Even my tomato hater eats this one. While it calls for a little bit of this and that, most ingredients are already in the cupboard or fridge.
Top Review by mums the word
I liked the taste of the sauce, although I did find the cider vinegar a bit strong. I would reduce this a bit next time. I only had one stalk of celery, but found that was enough anyways. Unlike the other reviewers, I did use the cornstarch to thicken the sauce as it was needed. The kids decided they didn't care for it, but they aren't tomato eaters. I have attached a few pics for you. Thx!
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork chops in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the water and cornstarch.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.