Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens Good & Healthy.....Almost identical to an already posted recipe-jut a few ingredients are replaced with healthier options for when you crave classic comfort food, but want more nutrients & fiber.
- 9 ounces dried whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) containersrefrigerated low-fat alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain again. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach & red peppers.
- Lightly coat a 3 qt rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles in bottom of dish. Top with 1/3 chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover; Bake for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.