I substitute lower-calorie items. You may opt to use splenda instead of powdered sugar, but I won't vouch for it. I despise the texture and aftertaste of splenda.
- Grind the Oreos in a food processor or put them in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to mash them up into a dirty powder.
- Cream softened butter and neufchatel cheese with confectioner's sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pudding mixes and milk, slowly fold in thawed Cool Whip.
- Combine the creamed cheese and pudding bowls.
- Line the bottom of a clean, unused flowerpot with foil.
- Pour in 1/3 of the pudding mixture.
- Pour in 1/3 of the ground Oreos.
- Repeat and finish with layer of Oreos.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with a bunch of plastic flowers (clean the plastic stem first).
- Enjoy! It's still not a diet food, but it's a little less fatty/sugary.
Definitely not "health" food but oh! It is soooo good!!! Thanks for posting the lower fat version - I went with powdered sugar, I avoid splenda and I used regular Oreos. Ok, I went partial low fat - but it's a start.....
I couldn't do it.. I had to go for the full-fate cream cheese, so I guess I like the evil. But this was awesome!
Delicious! Easy! VERY kid friendly! and adult! I guess we never lose our love of Oreo cookies! No changes made as it stands on it's own as written. Thnx so much for sharing your recipe, bobafemme. Made for PAC Fall 2009.