Recipe by bobafemme
I substitute lower-calorie items. You may opt to use splenda instead of powdered sugar, but I won't vouch for it. I despise the texture and aftertaste of splenda.
Top Review by QueenBee49444
Definitely not "health" food but oh! It is soooo good!!! Thanks for posting the lower fat version - I went with powdered sugar, I avoid splenda and I used regular Oreos. Ok, I went partial low fat - but it's a start.....
- 18 ounces reduced-fat oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) packages fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Lite
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the Oreos in a food processor or put them in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to mash them up into a dirty powder.
- Cream softened butter and neufchatel cheese with confectioner's sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pudding mixes and milk, slowly fold in thawed Cool Whip.
- Combine the creamed cheese and pudding bowls.
- Line the bottom of a clean, unused flowerpot with foil.
- Pour in 1/3 of the pudding mixture.
- Pour in 1/3 of the ground Oreos.
- Repeat and finish with layer of Oreos.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with a bunch of plastic flowers (clean the plastic stem first).
- Enjoy! It's still not a diet food, but it's a little less fatty/sugary.