Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe back in the 1960's and just love it. In browsing through the other Cranberry Salad recipes on here I didn't see one using sour cream so wanted to post. It is really good so give it a try. You could use sugar-free jello and light sour cream to reduce the calories. Cooking time is the time to set in the refrigerator.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- chopped celery (optional)
- After mixing the jello and hot water until jello is dissolved, put in refrigerator until slightly set.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the sour cream and cranberry sauce and the walnuts and celery if using.
- Put back in the refrigerator until set.
I halved this recipe and had to add some plain yogurt to make up for my shortage of sour cream. It resulted in a wonderful tart and creamy Jello! Thanks TXOLDHAM for another delicious recipe. Roxygirl