Top Review by Safari Time
TERRIFIC recipe! Wow... I will NEVER use a chocolate cake mix again! This cake doesn't last 2 days between my BF and I. The second and third time I've made this cake I've used SWEETENED chocolate instead of unsweetened and I prefer it this way but that's a matter of preferance. Its an excellant recipe either way!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in microwave; cool.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In lg bowl, beat egg and sugar.
- Beat in water and oil.
- Stir in chocolate and dry ingredients.
- Pour into greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350* for 35 minutes.