Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These deviled eggs are just a little bit spicy! Add your favorite hot sauce(chipotle is really good) and enjoy! Adapted from The Deviled Egg Gourmet.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped very fine
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped fine, to garnish
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika, to garnish
- chili powder (optional, to garnish)
- Remove the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, 1 tsp of the chives, hot sauce, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with chives then the paprika. Sprinkle over a little chili powder, if desired.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day before serving. Enjoy!
Prepared as written using mayo, Spanish smoked paprika and fresh chives from the garden. Used Tabasco 'Chipotle' sauce. This was a perfect protein for a last minute dinner menu change to accompany Recipe #433883. Next time I'll mash the eggs to make what I think would be really yummy egg salad sandwiches! Reviewed for Veg Tag March.
I added maybe a bit more than called for "hot sauce", and sprinkled half of mine with paprika and half with chili powder. I really enjoyed the chives in this instead of the usual pickles. These were delicious! Thanks for sharing.