1/3 Photos of A Lighter Side of Cc's Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
This is an awesome reuben that uses a unique cole slaw rather than saurkraut. This is a wonderful taste sensation for Reuben lovers. We think you will be as amazed as we were. We tagged Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches in the 'Make it Healthier' game and did just that. We revised it to an 'open-faced' sandwich and brought down the calories from 837, the fat from 50.5, and the carbs down from 52g. Thanks Chef #382123 for such a great perk to an old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant apple cider drink mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices rye bread
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices reduced-fat swiss cheese (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 lb corned beef, lean and thinly sliced and julienne (or shaved)
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position, place baking sheet on rack, and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together vinegar and apple cider mix till dissolved. Add coleslaw, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until coleslaw is tender.
- 3Remove lid and simmer until liquid has evaporated, 1-2 minutes.
- 4Line a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray one side of each bread slice with non-stick cooking spray and turn over onto the parchment (so butter side is down).
- 5Combine mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl. To each slice, spread mayo mixture, followed with 1 slice of cheese, the slaw, the corned beef, and then top with another slice of cheese. Bake until toasted, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Lighter Side of Cc's Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.0
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.4 mg
- Sodium 1803.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 39.8 g