Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOOOVE broccoli salad, but have always had a little trouble feeling good about eating it since it has SO many calories! So I took a classic recipe and made it just a little lighter. It's still not as healthy as eating plain ol' broccoli, but it is DELICIOUS! I love to have this in the fridge to grab whenever I get a craving for a snack :)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup grated 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 9 -10 slices hormel precooked shortcut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hellman's light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Mix salad ingredients.
- In separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- Combine the two just before serving.
Love that you lightened up this salad that is a favorite at my house. Next time I think I'll reduce the cheese and maybe through in a few chopped pecans or sunflower seed kernels. But delicious the way it is. Thanks for sharing!
I cheated and used real bacon but only 2 slices. But other than that I followed the recipe. Great taste. Not too sweet. Thanks Melanie :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game