Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
7 different chicken coatings to pick from. I found this recipe in Woman's Day magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- Heat oven to 400. Line a jelly-roll pan or shallow roasting pan with foil. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Skin chicken by grasping skin with paper towels and pulling off.
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, slightly beat egg. Coat a few drumsticks in egg at a time.
- Place desired crunchy coating (listed below) in plastic food bag. If using tortilla chips, stuffing mix, french fried onions, cheese crackers, or honey mustard pretzels, close bag and crush with a rolling pin. Put 1 or 2 drumsticks in the bag at a time and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Place on prepared pan; lightly coat drumsticks with cooking spray. (If using fried onions or honey mustard pretzels, do not spray). Bake 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is browned.
- Italian: 1 cup wheat germ, 1/3 cup grated parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon each garlic salt and pepper.
- Honey Mustard: 3 cups honey mustard pretzels pieces, 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Mexican: 3 cups tortilla chips, 2 teaspoon each chili powder and ground cumin.
- Krispie Ranch: 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies), 1 envelope ranch dressing mix.
- Cheesy: 3 cups cheese crackers, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Herb: 1 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix, 1 teaspoon each onion powder and paprika.
- Curry: 3 cups french fried onion rings, 2 teaspoon curry powder.