1/2 Photos of A & L Chicken Pasta Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
I just had the pleasure of having two guests for lunch all the way from Holland and dedicate this recipe to them - It is a do ahead casserole - just pop it in the oven 30 minutes before serving - Watch you don't leave it longer you don't want it to get too dry. This is a one dish meal, serve with a green salad & crusty roll lovely for lunch or dinner The 1 hour cooking time includes the time to brown & cook the chicken and precook the veggies. Everything in the casserole is precooked so you only have to heat it through before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pices
- 354.88 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml sweet green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml sweet red pepper, chopped
- 177.44 ml thin sliced carrot
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml hot chili flakes
- 283.49 g can cream of celery soup
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (I like aged)
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 946.36 ml cooked pasta, your choice I like fettucini
- 1Salt & Pepper the chicken cubes and brown in a very lightly oiled skillet, turn heat to low and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink, remove from skillet and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add mushrooms, onions to the skillet cook until the onions are translucent, add to the chicken in the bowl.
- 3Lightly saute the peppers and carrot slices add to the bowl with the mushrooms & chicken.
- 4Add frozen peas, celery & waterchestnuts to the bowl.
- 5Mix the garlic powder, chili flakes to gether and sprinkle into the bowl.
- 6Add the un diluted soup and gently mix the ingredients.
- 7Add the pasta slowly incorporating it well with the sauce, chicken & veggies Pour into a 9" x 14" X3" lightly greased casserole dish or line the casserole with non stick foil.
- 8You may now cover it and hold in the fridge overnight or for a few hours or bake it right away,.
- 9Add cheese to the top just before putting it into the oven Bake uncovered.
- 10375F oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A & L Chicken Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.5
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 1028.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 52.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes