Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
"This simple recipe with a zesty flavor from the marinade and a bit of a kick from the chili. Everyone will love it!"
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce molasses
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 ducks, cut into quarters
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- In a blender or large food processor, combine the garlic, green chilli peppers, ginger, cilantro, lime zest, soy sauce, sugar, oj, plain yogurt and coconut milk. Process until smooth.
- Place the duck quarters into a large resealable bag, and pour the liquid from the blender in with it. Seal, and refrigerate for about 1 hour, turning once after 30 minutes.
- Remove duck from bag and coat with bread crumbs. Preheat the oven's broiler. Place the breaded duck onto a broiling pan, and pour the marinade into a saucepan.
- Broil the duck for about 10 minutes on each side, until browned and the juices run clear. While the duck is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, thicken slightly with a corn starch slur then remove from the heat.
- Place duck onto a serving plate, and pour the sauce over it to serve. Garnish platter of duck pieces with half moon slices of orange and lime.