Prep 3 hrs
Cook 6 mins
I got this off another site, not sure where. I love grilled asparagus. You should try it. I included marinating time in the prep time.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix everything except asparagus and set aside.
- Cut one inch off the bottom of the asparagus, or trim with a veggie peeler.
- In a shallow 9 inch casserole dish, place the asparagus in the dish and cover with the above marinade.
- Let sit one to three hours.
- Prepare the grill for the direct heat method.
- Grill the asparagus using a medium-hot temperature and baste with the marinade frequently.
- Grill for no more than six minutes.
- Mushy Asparagus is ICKKKYYY.
I made this asparagus to go alongside Middle Eastern Kebabs #94798 and we really enjoyed it. I halved the recipe without a problem and the asparagus had a nice tang from the dressing (I used fat free Italian) and heat from the cayenne. Thank you Riffraff for sharing this simple and delish recipe.
A great side dish! Loved the flavor from the marinade and grill! I only used 1/2tsp of cayenne pepper cause I was afraid it would be to hot tasteing for us. It was perfect! Thanks so much Riffraff for sharing this delicious recipe!
I'm always looking for a new way to do asparagus and this is a fine choice. Simple and tasty. Thanks, riffraff! I'll be making this again.