Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something that I get asked to make frequently. It my children's and husbands favorite. My four-year-old has been eating it since he has been eating since he has been two and constantly asks for seconds.
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch gingerroot, about 1 inch
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Shred your cabbage in a food processor or chop it by hand as I do. If you are going to chop it by hand make sure you cut it in half, then slice it. Once you have it sliced, chop it into smaller bits. We like the chunks.
- Put your cabbage in your bowl.
- Peel your garlic and put it through your garlic pressure. If you do not have one use your cheese grater one of the finer grates that will work just fine.
- Add it to the cabbage .
- Take the skin off of the ginger, and grate it directly into the bowl of cabbage.
- Add the mayonnaise depending on the size of cabbage you will want to add more or less.
- For the avocado, cut in half take the pit out. Scoop out the avocado and slice and chop into small pieces. add to the bowl.
- Mix it all together. Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. This allows the flavours to set.
- Enjoy it, I hope your family likes it as much as we do. You can always play with the amount of garlic and ginger you put in it.