Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
A great Jamaican style dish. A spicy blend of herbs, vinegar, and a habanero pepper make this chicken dish unforgettable. Serve with rice, yum!
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 habanero pepper, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch strips
- Combine the onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame oil, garlic, allspice and habanero pepper in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Place the chicken into a large resealable bag, and pour in 3/4 of the sauce. Squeeze out excess air, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. Broil chicken for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once to ensure even cooking. Heat remaining sauce in a small pan, and pour over chicken when serving.
This was delicious, we left it to marinate overnight. Very easy lunch the next day. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Testers.