Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A variation of a couple of recipes with some additions. Makes a soft and chewy cookie. Enjoy, my family did.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, raw
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and honey until well blended.
- At low speed, slowly add flour mixture.
- Add oats and dried fruit, mix until well incorporated.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto greased or parchment papered cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 15 minutes.
Really good cookies! Even DH wanted some, and he typically turns his nose up at just about every sweet I make! I used Craisins in these, and I got way more than 16 cookies using a cookie scoop, slightly rounded. I think I ended up with about 3 1/2 dozen cookies, if memory serves. Honestly, I didn't expect to like these as much as I did, because I usually look for cinnamon in my oatmeal cookies, but I didn't miss it in these at all. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013