Recipe by IAKnight
A variation of a couple of recipes with some additions. Makes a soft and chewy cookie. Enjoy, my family did.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Really good cookies! Even DH wanted some, and he typically turns his nose up at just about every sweet I make! I used Craisins in these, and I got way more than 16 cookies using a cookie scoop, slightly rounded. I think I ended up with about 3 1/2 dozen cookies, if memory serves. Honestly, I didn't expect to like these as much as I did, because I usually look for cinnamon in my oatmeal cookies, but I didn't miss it in these at all. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, raw
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and honey until well blended.
- At low speed, slowly add flour mixture.
- Add oats and dried fruit, mix until well incorporated.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto greased or parchment papered cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 15 minutes.