Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can subsitute Orange Juice for the Mead
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup mead (honey wine)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil until pale in color.
- Add honey, and mead. Mix.
- In a second bowl, combine flower, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
- One cup at a time, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer batter to a greased 10 x 14-inch baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Let cake cool and cut into honeycomb shapes.
- Drizzle with lavender honey and garnish with fresh lavender flowers, if desired.
Dry...very dry and tasted like banana bread. I even made a butter, honey, and mead glaze to try to moisten it up...soaked up the whole cup of glaze and still tasted dry. Won't make again.