Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Growing up in Kearney, Missouri in the '60s & '70s the only place in town that had a true soda fountain was Matthew's Drug Store. On very special occasions we were allowed to order a Homemade. Gently warm the toppings for the best results.
- In tall sundae glass start with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Place 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and drizzle liberally with chocolate syrup.
- Place 1 scoop chocolate ice cream next and add generous scoop of marshmallow creme.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped assorted nuts (cashews, pecans, walnuts and peanuts).
- Garnish with canned whipped cream around the edge only.
- *For best results, gently warm the chocolate syrup and marshmallow creme before placing in sundae.