Recipe by CindiJ
Growing up in Kearney, Missouri in the '60s & '70s the only place in town that had a true soda fountain was Matthew's Drug Store. On very special occasions we were allowed to order a Homemade. Gently warm the toppings for the best results.
Top Review by mbfans
Having grown up in Platte City, Missouri during the same time frame this brought back lots of good memories. I worked at the local hanburger/soda stand during high school and wish I had a dollar for everyone of these I made back then. Thanks for the reminder of simpler times.
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- marshmallow creme
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In tall sundae glass start with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Place 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and drizzle liberally with chocolate syrup.
- Place 1 scoop chocolate ice cream next and add generous scoop of marshmallow creme.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped assorted nuts (cashews, pecans, walnuts and peanuts).
- Garnish with canned whipped cream around the edge only.
- *For best results, gently warm the chocolate syrup and marshmallow creme before placing in sundae.