Recipe by lady carmichael
Yes... ANOTHER granola recipe for the site. But it's pretty easy and very tasty. Enjoy. :)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or you can sub for 1 tsp more of vanilla extract)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oats, flax seeds, almonds and wheat germ in a baking sheet. Toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, combine: honey, sugar, butter, vanilla and almond extracts, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir occasionally and cook until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine toasted ingredients with liquid mixture while it's still hot. Add cranberries to the bowl.
- Pour onto a greased 9x9" baking dish. Spread evenly and press down.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool COMPLETELY before cutting into squares.
- Stored in an airtight container, these keep well for up to a week.