Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a little dish that I stacked for a pretty presentation. I wanted it to look nice rather than be separated portions. I have made this meal before but it was much better in this way...
- 1 -2 lb ham steak (the 1-inch thick round slices with bone in center)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 small potatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans (whole)
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese (tomato and basil)
- 4 slices potato bread
- 8 ounces American cheese (white American deli slices 4 slices)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Wash and cut potatoes into quarters or eighths.
- Put in pot cover with water and salt.
- Bring to a boil and cover for ten minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile in a cast iron skillet melt 2 T butter and add ham steak browning on both sides, salting and peppering to taste.
- Drain potatoes and add drained green beans feta salt and pepper and stir.
- Toast potato bread lightly.
- Place on plate lay white American cheese in a diamond position lay a cut piece of ham steak on top pile potatoes green beans and feta on top of ham
- Grab a fork and a knife and dig in!